Monday, January 22, 2007

Warning: No actually knitting content

I started this blog to help keep me on track with my weight loss.

This time last year, I was doing awesome! I had lost 50 lbs, was195, under 200 lbs for the first time in years, and was looking and feeling great.

Then we went to Singapore to visit my parents, and it was a two week eating orgy. I came home 10 lbs heavier, with my jeans not fitting anymore.

I got back on track, slowly, and lost some of the weight that I gained, not all of it, but most, but didn't' commit myself fully to WW, and bounced between 198 and 205 lbs for the next few months.

Then we bough the house, moved in and the scale went up to 208 (OUCH!) I worked out harder, didn't eat much better, but I was running 2-3 (ok, really 1-2) times a week, and the scale went up
and up
and up
and up, next thing I knew, I was at 218, and it was December. I rejoined WW online for my birthday and half heartily tracked points for the rest of the year.

January 1st the scale read 228. I was heavier than I was after I had C. I had regained 30 lbs in the last year. Clearly half ass dieting wasn't working for me.

In the last few weeks, things have been better. I have been eating healthier, and I haven't had any appetite at all, which is a good thing when you are trying not to overeat all the time like you normally do.

I'm down to 223, which is where I was when I started WW in Dec 2004, when C was 7 weeks old. My pants are tight, but I worked out for the first time since before Thanksgiving yesterday. Why did I let myself slide so far?

I think it might have to do with the huge UTI that I had last fall, you know, the one that I thought I might have, but I didn't have the time/money/drive to go to the Dr's office to get treatment started. It put me in a funk, and the funk wasn't helped by the fact that I was wanting to get pregnant again, but DH is unwilling to try until we have more money, but he won't look for a better paying job, so that isn't happening any time soon.

(rambling here)
Last week I though I might be pregnant, I was 5 days late, and starting to get my hopes up. I told DH that I was late, and he was upset and angry. AF started on Saturday, and I have been a raging ball of hormones, crying and po'd from one minute to the next.

I need to get back to a healthy weight (under 190 in my book) so I can get pregnant again, and not be the obese pregnant lady like I was with C. I need to so I can have a better chance of having a VBAC and not winding up under the cutting knife again. I need to lose weight so I can knit smaller sizes and can buy better quality yarn for the same ammt of money (who am I kidding, I will probably stick with the cheep stuff, and save money anyways). -Hey, there was some knitting content after all.Check Spelling

No comments: