Sunday, January 28, 2007

Flip Her Over Man, She is Done

The Peacock Feathers Shawl is Blocked, and ready to give to D next time I see her, or when N says its a good time to do it. I love how she turned out, and hate that I have to give her up, but I do have yarn in the stash to make another one for me, in a blue green.
Detail of the point of the shawl pinned out. I opted to keep the side feathers shallow, but to do a full pinning on the center feather. I think she turned out lovely, and not too big. She is 82 inches across (I know, because I pinned every inch on the top to keep a straight line), but I didn't take the measurement of the height. It hits me just below my bottom, so it won't drown D too bad.
I've made good progress on the POTW stole. I am almost done with the 20th repeat, and should finish the last 14 this week. The color of the bridesmaid dresses match the midshade blue perfectly, so I have a feeling that this will be worn that night as well. I actually like how the yarn is pooling, and hope the first skein makes it for the whole body, so I don't have to match the striping.
I've also made good progress on the PBSJ. I finished the back Friday night at movie night, and cast on for the yoke this morning. The yoke is going fast and should be finished tonight or tomorrow. I couldn't capture the details of the armhole or neck shaping thanks to the insane curling of the stockingnet, so more detailed photos will have to wait until blocking.

No comments: