Friday night I finished knitting the pattened rows on the Peacock. That left only the row of plain knititng and the crochet bindoff for Saturday.
The Bindoff took time, but it wasn't as bad as others in blog land have mande it out to be. I guess it was because I crochet for years before I ever started knitting, and could get it done in almost no time.
The thing that worried me most about the bind off, was what if I had missed a YO on the last row, and I didn't have enough stitches to make all the bo's a multiple of 3. As I rounded the bottom corner (above) and saw that the stitches were lining up, I breathed a sigh of releif. But it wasn't until I got to the final six stitches that I finally felt confident that I compleated the shawl without screwing it up. I had another fear that C would come in, take the hook, and unravel the BO edge, and the entire shawl would unravel, but as you can see, that didn't happen.
Here she is in all of her unblocked glory! She is so beautiful! I can't wait until I have free time without C around to help to block her. That would have been today, since the University is closed due to the MLK holiday, but thanks to Mother Nature dumping and ice storm on us last night, his daycare is closed today as well.
While I had the camera out and was taking pictures, C couldn't help but try to get in the shot, so I present Peacock with C.
Pattern: Peacock Feathers Shawl byDorthy Siemens
Yarn: Baruffa Cashwool off white
Yarn Source: Simpatico Yarns
Needles: Addie Turbo Size 3, and D crochet hook.
Start date: November 24, 2006
Finish Date: Januart 13, 2007, with multiple frogs in the first few weeks.