Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Slow going on Icaurs

I am slowly working on Icarus.
This is knit on size 3 needles in Skacel's Marino lace weight in a raspberry/cranberry color. I cast on for it last Monday and had been getting one chart repeat done each day until the weekend's disaster.

I should finish the next to the last repeat of chart 1 tonight, and hopefully will be done with Chart 1 by Monday.

I offered to knit a shawl for N&D's wedding, so I have to gather some photos of different shawls and let them see it, then N is going to take me yarn shopping! He had the look of a deer caught in the headlights when I told him that we would either have to go to Bedford or Arlington to find the right yarn, but I told him what we would probally pay and he was impressed.

I think my new favorite thing about knitting lace is you can get so much knitting done with very little out of pocket cost.

No comments: