Monday, November 06, 2006

The Knitting Questions, or the Usual Suspects

How long have you been knitting?
Off and on for the last 6 years. I picked it up as my main hobby about 18 months ago.

How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from a book.

Favorite thing about knitting?
It relives so much stress, and can be done almost anywhere.

How long have you been knitting lace?
One year. I did my first lace project last September.

Favorite thing about knitting lace.
You don't have to worry as much about "Will it fit" or "Will it be too hot to wear in Texas"

The yarn question, or flash your stash
Favorite lace yarn?
Alas, I am at work and having camera issues still, so no flash. Love Kid Silk Haze, and am plotting how I am going to be able to afford to get my hands on more. Until then, I am going to have to live with KP, and Zagger.

variegated or solids for shawls?
Solids. The only project I have completed in a variegated is too busy. That said, I am planning on doing a rectulanger shawl in a variegated soon to see if that looks any better.

Favorite lace color?
None, they all look nice.

Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights?
Circs, for everything. Straights are too unwieldly

Favorite lace knitting trick?
Tinking back a few wors.

Lifelines?
Only if it is a very difficult pattern. Well, only my first bit of lace really.

If so with what?
Dental Floss

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet?
Pins stuck in the carpet, and cotton string for the straight edges.

Pattern, or can you follow directions
Pattern.

shawls or lacey items?
Shawls, but I will try a lacy sweater soon.

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls?
Triangle. Rectalgles are too boring, and I haven't tried a circular shawl yet.

Charts or printed instructions?
Charts. I am a visual knitter, and written patterns confuse me.

Favorite lace you've knit?
Kiri, in Kid Silk Haze, but I gave it to my mom for Christmas. I want to knit it for myself.

Favorite lace you want to knit?
Peacock Feathers Shawl. I have been wanting to knit that for a year, and might be able to knit it in a few months for a friends wedding.

Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor?
Peach

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red.....
He was a Viking warlord who settled in Greenland a long time ago.

Coke, classic or with lime?
Classic. All the way.

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves?
Wish they would be banned, but since I have a young child, I am going to be hearing them for the next two decade's.

What is the definition of irony?
Me doing something delicate

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
57

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door?
Because its a cat (Same problem here)

What is your superior power?
I make milk.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be?
White. Better to photograph items against.

What's for dinner tonight?
Leftovers. Chicken noodle soup and salad.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain?
You don't want to know. Trust me.

1 comment:

Becka said...

I've read that several people use dental floss as a lifeline..great idea!