Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'm behind on my posting

And I have a bunch of FO posts that I need to do, but I either need to block or have help with taking better pitchers. But I will get there, I promise
C's third birthday was this week. It was all Star Wars, including a Yoda cake and multiple light sabers.
I was late in starting his birthday sweater, I actually didn't cast on until 3 days before his birthday, but as of one week in working on it, I am close to being done.
I'm doing the Childhood pattern from Knitty, but I added pockets in the front since , C like all small children, likes to put things in his pockets.
Monday we went to the craft store and he picked out Balloon Buttons for the front of his sweater. He has been asking if I was ready to sew them on ever since. Since I currently can't find any of my yarn needles, the seaming and adding buttons is on hold. All I have left on the knitting front is one sleeve and flaps to cover the pockets. Already he loves to wear the hood.
I've done some progress on Mr. Greenjeans as well. I've finished the body (mostly), and the first sleeve. I'm halfway done with the second sleeve, but C's sweater is taking priority right now.

Since it looks like I won't run out of yarn (like I thought I would last week) I think I am going to add one more cable repeat to the bottom before I knit the button band. I'm still thinking of over dying this with kool-aid but I will reserve judgement until I am finished knitting.

No comments: