Sunday, September 23, 2007

How many days does it take to knit a lace shawl

If it is a super easy, super fast, super small shawl that you have knit before?

Swallowtail as of Friday Morning
7, including the day you take off of work for a "knitting sans DH and child" break. That's right, the second Swallowtail shawl shawl that I cast on for last Saturday, and knit on like crazy all week, is now a FO. Well, it will be after I block it when it is DH's turn to do bedtime tonight.

As soon as I finished binding off, I started swatching for for Mr Greenjeans. I started with my normal 2 needle sizes below the called for gauge, but it was too tight, so I went up to 7's, and it was still too tight, but almost there. Here's where I decided to throw caution to the wind, and just start knitting with 8's. I did stop and check gauge when I was a few inches in, and it was spot on, and since I am knitting a smaller size then I normally wear, any growing in the blocking will be a good thing. I got to the point where I separated the sleeves before I stopped for a progress pic.
The patterning on the yarn is really busy, but it is growing on me. This will either be the ugliest pregnant woman sweater that doesn't cover the belly, or it will wind up being over dyed with kool-aid to help tame the colors.
I also finally got a progress pic of the Monkey's that have been on the needles since July. I finished the first sock in less than 2 weeks, and have been on the second sock since the last week of July. Talk about second sock syndrome.

And second shawl syndrome. The second Peacock Feathers has also been on the needles since July (July 4th), and I'm only on chart 5. I know I only have a few charts left, but this has been an effort to work on more than a few rows a week.
We have been doing a lot of planning for C's birthday, and have started going out and looking at all the new baby stuff on the market. All three of us were going "Awww" at the cute little girl outfits at the store today.

No comments: