Sunday, October 14, 2007

A whole lot of FO's going on

I'm behind on posting pics of my FO's, so I am going to try to cover everything I've finished in the last two months in one post. So fair warning, this is long, and photo heavy.

Pattern: Venezia by Eunny Jang
Source: Winter 2006 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Peruvian Fingerling weight 2 1/2 skeins
and YarnTreehouse Melody 2 5 balls
Cast on: Easter 2007
Cast off: Sept 2007
Modifications: Changed to two color pattern instead of the 10+ colors in Eunny's pattern.
Added a scoop neckline instead of the boat neck.
I love this sweater, and wish that I could wear it this winter, but maybe if it is still cool after little girl is born in Feb.
Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl (#2)
Source: Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace, petal pink
Cast on Mid-September
Cast off 7 Days later
Mods-none.
This will be a Birthday present for my sister in December.
I can't believe that I finished this in less than one week. This was the project that proved to me that my summer long knitting funk was over.

Pattern: Childhood by Natalie Wilson

Source: Knitty.com

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease

Cast on: September 29th, 2007

Cast off: October 7th, 2007

Mods: Added pockets for C, made the button band work, instead of snaps.

C loves this sweater, and wants to start wearing it now, even though it is in the mid-high 80's here in Texas.

Pattern: Mr. GreenJeans by Amy Swenson

Source: Knitty.com

Yarn: Ella Rae Classic Wool Print

Cast on: September 2007

Cast off: October 13, 2007

Mods: none

I feel that this sweater turned out way to busy for my tastes, and the button hole is much lower than I wold like. I still need to weave in the ends and sew on the button, but I'm not feeling the love for this sweater.


And a quick shot of a current WIP, Shedir from knitty.com
Cabely goodness. Yum! I'm knitting this in Elsbeth Lavod Silky Wool, and I'm in love with this yarn.


No comments: