Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two more FO's, A deadline, and a new Obsession

This post is brought to you by the dead batteries in my camera. Never try to blog about FO's with them.

I finished both the Monkey Socks that I have been working on since July, and the Shedir that I started as a quickie two weeks ago. Do I have finished pictures? Nope, and probably won't until next month (unless Target has some AA's in the dollar bin tonight). Once I sucked it up with the Monkeys, and turned the heal, I finished them in less than a week. Two trips to Dallas (with DH driving) and my fear of highways helped. I still have to weave in the ends, and I want to get a good FO picture before I actually wear them, but so far I love them. Sheidr I cast on one night while sitting in C's room, and couldn't put them down. I love the yarn (Elsbeth Lavoid Siky Wool) and dream of knitting a whole sweater in it, but am torn as to which one.

I have cast on for another pair of socks for my "take and go" project, Eunny's Bayerriche Socks in some of the left over Bare from Venezia, making it my, um, 5th Eunny project this year. I have over 1000 yards of this yarn in stash, so I know that I will have more than enough to make a pair. Lets hope that it takes me less than 4 months to finish this pair.

A deadline- I am almost done with my second Peacock Feathers Shawl! After months of this shawl just sitting there mocking me, I have made it past the endless second row of feathers, jumped through chart 7 in a week, and just this morning, at 6:30 am, started the final chart! If all goes well, I think I will have a FO by the end of the month!

I also have a new lace obsession. Ever since the Yarn Harlot posted pictures of her Wedding Shawl last year (October 24th post) I have been in love with it. I currently have the books (First Book of Modern Lace Knitting, and A Gathering of Lace) checked out from the library, and the crazy plan to try to re-create her masterpiece. I know my bridge wont' be anywhere near as perfect as hers, but I have ideas, and plans, and I hope to cast on for this as soon as I am done with the PFS. The yarn, the black Alpaca Cloud that has tried to be so many shawls this year, the failed Alpine Lace Scarf (twice) and the MS3. She has held up well to the repeated frogging, and I hope to reward her with something so perfect. I think I have lost only a few dozen yards due to frogging, and still have one full skein left to wind. I am going to judge how big to make the shawl by how much yarn is left after the peacock is finished.

So far my pregnancy is going well. I'm at 24 weeks as of yesterday, and the little girl is kicking up a storm right now. We have started buying a few items for her, and I have plans for a baby sweater or two up my sleeves, but that is going to wait a bit. No names picked out yet. I have some I like, DH has some he likes, neither has found anything that we LOVE yet. It will happen.

No comments: