Thursday, May 24, 2007

Now with Photos!

There has been a lot of progress on Venezia since I last took photos. Saturday I got up to the start of the arm steaks, and decided to try on for fit one last time:
I am not happy with how the hem keeps flipping up, and if it doesn't block out flat, I am going to rip it out and re-knit on size 1 needles, after I buy them.
I did another 3/4s of a repeat before I decided to modify the neck. I put the center 60 stitches on waste yarn, and grafted out a gradual scoop.

I'm thinking I will have the body done by next Thursday (if not earlier), and will start on sleeve island in June.

I also started Rusted Root on Sunday. I have about 20 rows before I separated the sleeves, but I am running out of room on my needles already. So far the pattern is easy, but I am wishing that I had used the Rose Leaf charts from the AKS since the lace charts are written odd.


C is doing better today, and went to day care for the first time all week. I think he had a good day, and I hope he goes to bed early since DH and I need to do some major house cleaning tonight.
Tomorrow DH and I are taking off early to see Pirates and do lunch.
Today is the anniversary of the day we first saw our house. If we had to chose again, I don't know if I would pick this house again, but right now, it is home.

No comments: