Thursday, May 24, 2007

FO: Leaf

Well, its not one of my favorite FO's, but its a FO.

Pattern: Leaf by Stephanie Japel
Yarn: Mystery Green Wool bought on Ebay.com, my first wool yarn purchase, 3 hanks.
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 6, various length cables
Time: About 3 weeks, with working on other projects
Size: I started planning on making the 45" bust, but changed to the 40" after holding it up to me. I'm glad I didn't make it the larger size, since this thing is already big.
Modifications: I shortened the arms a bunch. I was going to skip the i-cord all together, but the neck was rolling way to much.
What I learned: Top down- this was my first top down sweater, but not my last, in fact I cast on for another top down about 5 minutes after I finished seaming this one. I-cord- in two years of serious knitting this was my first attempt at doing i-cord. I think I only minded it when it was time to attach the i-cord to the neck.

Depending on the dress I get to wear on our anniversary, this one might actually get worn once. or twice.

No comments: