Thursday, June 26, 2008

I do still exist

And I do still knit.
And I do still take photos of my knitting.
I just haven't had much time for the blog of late.
Between working 40 hours, taking care of two children, taking care of the house while the DH goes back to school, I just don' t have time to blog on the same computer that I have my photos on.
I know I could download them on my work computer and up load them, and I intend to do that here later.
But for you Ravelry Peep's, there are pics up, user name is Cynder.
You know, or I could just link to the Raverly pages in my side bar. That might be easier in the long run.
Life is stressed. There has been so much going on in the last year that I haven't had the desire to try to put into words, so much pain that I have gone through, struggles in my marriage, that the blog suffered for it. Knitting suffered for it, heck, I suffered for it, and am still trying to find an internal balance in it all, but its nothing that I want to blog about, well, if I blogged about it, it wouldn't be anywhere that anyone I know IRL has access to read.

Kaylee is getting so big. She had her 4 month check up last week, and the little chunker is up to 16 lbs 12 oz. She is bigger than my friend's 9 month old son. Corwin is completely in love with his little sister, and wants to snuggle, kiss, hug, play with her any chance he gets. Its a good thing they get to spend some time together at daycare, or I wouldn't get any time with my baby.

I have done a bunch of knitting in the last few weeks. I think the Summer Interweave Knits has kicked me out of the knitting rut I have been living in since last summer.
I've already completed the Roped Shell, and have started on the Walakame Lace Tunic, and I have plans to knit the Apres Surf Hoodie, The Leaf Lace Kimono, and a few other things that I can't think of at this time.
I think what helped was that I finally realized I live in Texas.
Its Hot in Texas
We might get 7 days of Cold Weather a Year
and by Cold Weather, I mean Wool Sweater Weather.
So I need to start focusing on practical stuff for this area, like Summer Knitting
since its HOT 8 months of the year.
and by Summer Knitting, it means Cotton yarns, Hemp yarns, and blends.
I have been using Knit Picks, because, well, with two kids in daycare, and a DH in school again, we are poor. And I can get yarn for three tops from KP for the same cost as a higher end blend yard for one sweater. And, well, I'm frugal
But after DH is done with school, then I will splurge
I do plan to start putting back $25 a month to buy yarn (my sanity money) but so far, I haven't remembered about it until the end of the month, when that $25 will almost buy me enough gas for the rest of the week.
But yeah, I completed the Roped Shell on Saturday, and actually wore it out to a Girls Night Out with some friends.
I love Shine Sport, it's cool, easy to work with, and didn't feel like I was knitting with rope, like some other cotton yarns that I have used in the past.
I'm currently using CotLin for the Wakamie Lace tunic, and I think I love this more. Its so soft. It drapes. It's cool.
I will be using Pallete in a deep blue for the Apres Surf Hoodie. I know its a wool, I know I live in Texas, where it is Hot, but, I'm poor, and I think this will be a good, fall pullover in a happy color.
On top of that, I'm planning on making Lamanaria from the Spring Knitty for the 2008 Knitting Olympic Trials. I only have enough yarn for the smaller version, but I can't wait. I think the Estonian lace will be a challenge for me, plus Kaylee will be 6 months old and into everything, so that will be another knitting challenge.

So much knitting, so little time

No comments: