Sunday, April 27, 2008

FO: Nantucket Jacket

Pattern: Nantucket Jacket
Designer: Norah Gaughan
Published in Interweave Knits Winter 2006
Size: 41 1/2 inches
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andies, Amethyst Heather, 10 12/ skeins
Needles, Knit Picks Options, size 6
Cast on December 2007, Cast off March 2008
(but didn't block and seam until April)

I LOVE IT! I had to guess at the size, since I was 8 months pregnant when I started, but it fits great (need to re-block for length). I think its one of my favorite sweaters that I have done to date. The pattern was easy to memorise, the ribs, cables, and seed stitch was enough to keep my interest. I think this pattern has actually had me fall in love with seed stitch (which has been something I hated since I knit Trellis for C), and I'm actually planning a sweater with a lot of seed stitch.
The only thing I don't like is how the front rides up a bit, but after I sew on buttons and re-block the front, it should be better.

I'm also loving DH's new camera. I can't use it for all my knitting picts, but I think I will be borrowing it for the FOs.

No comments: