Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yes, I'm pregnant!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest after knowing for 2 weeks. So far, I'm feeling good, really tired, but no MS yet (knock on wood). Right now we are looking at a EDD of mid February.

I haven't really felt much like knitting lately, but I've been getting a little done.

I finished Rusted Root, but I haven't got any photos yet. I need to "wash and block", but since it is knit in cotton ease, I figure running it through the washer and dryer will be good enough. I did modify the the pattern a bit by leaving out the waist shaping, that way I would be able to wear it a little bit this summer, but I don't know how long.

I have done a bit more on Venezia, but I had too many stitches to do DPN's right, and way too few to use my one size 3 circ needle (even with magic loop), so I'm waiting on a 16inch needle to come in from KP before I do much more. I have lost steam on this sweater knowing that I won't be able to wear it this winter,

I did start my Mommy Snug, from the Summer 06 Interweave Knits. I'm using more yarn from stash, Cotton Ease in Popsicle blue, and I am pretty close to gauge, but not 100%. I figure since it is a maternity sweater in ribbing, the extra bit of room won't be too bad. I cast on Sunday and have 50 rows done already, so this looks like it will be a faster knit than I thought it would be.

I'm still waiting for the start of the Mystery Stole 3 knit along, which will be next Friday. I need to get back in the lace mode. I haven't finished a lace project since April.

I'm also looking forward to Friday night when DH and I are going to see Spamalot. The tickets were our anniversary present to each other for 5 beautiful years together.

No comments: