Sunday, June 24, 2007

FO: Rusted Root

No photo of me wearing it, but I am done with Rusted Root!

Pattern: Rusted Root from Zepher Style

Yarn: Cotton Ease Sugar Plum, 4 skeins, has been in stash for 2 years.

Needles: Size 5 for body, 3 for ribbing

Size: Large

Cast on: May 2007, Cast off June 2007

Modifications: After 4 repeats I changed the leaf pattern to make both sides look neater. I left out the waist shaping on the body so I could maybe wear it for a month or so in pregnancy, not going to happen. Might go back and add another inch or two later on.

Its not a knit I see myself wearing out that much, maybe next spring and summer, but it was a popular pattern that I had stash yarn to knit.

There has been some knitting on other projects as well.

I'm about 60 rows in on the front of Mommy Snug. This has been my main week day knitting project this week, but I haven't done much knitting on it. There is something about rows and rows of 2X2 ribbing that drives one nuts.

I did get my new 16inch size 3 needles Thursday, and have done 2 repeats of the Venezia sleeve pattern since then. I think the longer stripes will work with the body, but I don't think I can get both sleeves to match up.

DH and I went and saw Spamalot Friday night for our anniversary, it was a riot, and not a complete rip off of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My parents have had C since Friday, and they are due to drop him off any time now. While I loved having a child free day last night, I can't wait to have my little boy in my arms again.

No comments: