Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Knitting Time is No Longer My Own

It has been taken over by the kids! Ok, I'm still able to get some knititng time for myself, there is the Chickadee Cowl that I am knitting in my Purple and yellow handspun on my lunch break at work, and a few rows of my Vine Lace Cardi at night when the kids are in bed, but lately the kids have been ASKING for things.

First, I saw the most adorable coat in one of the Knit Picks catalogs, for the Smock Coat by Debbie Bliss. I had to make it for Kaylee. And I enough CotLin in my stash in Lantana. The knitting took about a month from start to finish, and since this photo was taken, I have added buttens and a seed stitch belt.



Then it was time to start on the yearly birthday knitting for Corwin. This year he vetoed every sweater pattern I showed him, asking instead for "Spiderman". We did a search on Ravelry and came up with Spiderman hat and mittens.




The yarn is Knit Picks palette in Bare and Calypso Heather that Corwin and I dyed into the red and dark purple for the hat (yeah for using up more stash yarn!) Since finishing them, Corwin has worn the set every day and says that we need to dye more yarn up so I can knit him a sweater. I don't think so.

Instead, I think I'm going to knit him Pembrook from the summer Petite Purls, in more stash yarn of blue cotton ease, and I may add sleeves to the sweater.

Corwin has also requested that I knit mittens for Kaylee, so she stops trying to steel his, and I found the perfect pattern, Alphamitts, which I can also use stash yarn for.

In all of this kid knitting, I still have to knit a scarf for Michael, a hat for my dad, and a few more sweaters for myself. Thank goodness I convinced Steve to let me buy a lot of yarn with the last tax refund, knowing that we would spend this holiday season dirt poor.

No comments: