Monday, July 16, 2007

Finally, an update.

I have been knitting along, mostly first thing in the morning, and on the weekends, not so much in the evenings or on my lunch break. Its too hot at those times, and I'm too tired most of the time.
Work goes on on the MS3 stole. I am almost done with clue #3, and so far, so good. I don't think this is going to wind up being too big, maybe a nice wide, short scarf size, but that cool. Depending on the actual theme, this might wind up being a birthday/Christmas gift for my sister. Work is going slow and steady on the second Peacock Feathers shawl. I only work on it when I have the energy at night, after I am done with that week's MS3 clue. I am almost done with the third chart, and so far I haven't had the massive tinking and frogging issues I had with the first Peacock Feathers Shawl, knit last year. (What are the chances that I just jinxed myself, and will have to frog by the end of the month?)
I did some yarn shopping today at the Woolie Ewe in Plano. I picked up two skeins of Jojoland Kaleidoscope 100% Merino Wool. This colorway is very close to the results of my one experiment with Kool-Aid Dying, and I think they might become a pair of Monkeys.
I also gave into temptation and picked up a pair of Lorna Laces Shepherd Socks in Somerset. The pinks and greys kind of suit my mood these last few days.
So far, the pregnancy is going good. I'll be 10 weeks on Wednesday, and I have my first midwife's appointment that afternoon. Just for laughs, here is a belly shot. I bought a pair of maternity capris today, which is good since my one pair of jeans I could button suffered a horrible rip this weekend.
As usual, please pardon the messy, ugly bathroom and my fat gut.

No comments: